Series 6 Winter Disco
Introduction to LOL Surprise! dolls
The LOL Surprise! collections of toys and dolls have earned, thanks to their constant originality and innovation, to be among the most extraordinary and enjoyable that exist for the little ones of the house.
It all started when Alma, my adorable little girl, at the age of 7 recommended me to buy them. I have to admit that they have their charm and even today we still enjoy together every day with the same enthusiasm as when we first got them.
MGA Entertainment, the creative company, launched the first batch of dolls known as LOL Surprise Series 1 to the market in December 2016.
Undoubtedly, they thought down to the smallest detail about everything our children expect from a toy these days.
From the beginning, each doll collection was released by series and each series, if not complete from the beginning, in different waves.
Therefore, each new wave adds new dolls to the series until it is complete.
The new waves come in conjunction with the previous series and add new dolls, novelties and improvements.
On the other hand, each series includes two different kinds of dolls and one kind of pet known as:
As it can’t be otherwise, in every good collection, each doll of each series is labeled with a level of difficulty to be acquired.
We can find four different levels, from easier to harder to find, which are the following:
Do you know what it means…?
In this universe, L.O.L. stands for Lil Outrageous Little. It can be translated as Pequeños Escandalosos o Pequeños Extravagantes.
As far as the universe of new dolls is concerned, O.M.G. stands for Outrageous Millennial Girls. Translated into Spanish it would be something like Chicas Milenarias Extravagantes.
If the text Napping (Tots and Lils) or Napcat (Pets) appears on the collection sheet just below, it means that it will soon be discontinued and will most likely no longer be available.
General features of LOL dolls
They can be varied depending on the type of doll, pet or accessories.
- Dimensions: approximately 5 cm. (the little sisters). and 100 cm. high (the LOL Surprise house).
- Prices: range from 7€ to 300€.
- Recommended age: The LOL Surprise dolls can be used safely by children from 3 years of age, although adult supervision is recommended, up to 14 years. Obviously the maximum age to play will depend on each person. 😄
- Manual skills: First of all they will perform tasks that demand speed and precision of the movements of hands and fingers.
- They improve their aptitude: At the same time that they will develop tasks with suitability or effectiveness. In addition, thanks to the skill they will end up acquiring, they will be able to perform productive actions correctly.
- Imagination and creativity: “The essential is invisible to the eyes” said The Little Prince and with these toys, our kids will perfect two of the most important characteristics they have.
LOL Surprise Dolls Clubs!
In each collection or series, the L.O.L. Surprise! dolls are grouped into what are known as clubs.
We can find all these and some more:
- The Glitterati
- Spirit Club
- Athletic Club
- Opposites Club
- S.T.E.M. Club
- Glee Club
- Dance Club
- Glam Club
- Theater Club
- Spooky Club
- Chill Out Club
- Storybook Club
- Retro Club
- Nap Club
- Pop Club
- Art Club
- Rock Club
- 24K Gold
The Unboxing phenomena
Usually, from the beginning, they always come packaged in a sphere or ball.
Each sphere is wrapped with several layers and between each layer there is a different surprise.
During this process, clues will emerge about what you will end up finding.
In the end, when you get inside there are several bags that when opened will reveal your surprise doll and its accessories.
The thrill of a pleasant surprise
If we add to that the constant enthusiasm that our sons and daughters usually have for finding out and learning new things, these dolls have the necessary ingredients to be as successful as they are.
To be surprised could be considered one of the basic emotions of human beings and, above all, of the youngest ones who still have a lot to discover.
This means that children can’t help but ask:
- What color will the hair and eyes be?
- What surprises will it contain?
- Can I dress like her?
Little ones also love these surprise balls, and it’s easy to see why.
The illusion that you won’t know what surprises are going to touch you until you open them up and find out.
Personally, we like them a lot because there are many different dolls to collect along with the other accessories you can also get like: the house, the factory and the slime.
Giving the great illusion as a gift
If you don’t want to hold on to a Christmas gift all year round, here are some fun ways to give the big surprise outside the holiday season:
- Be smart. Wrap each ball in brightly colored paper, and hide them instead of the Easter eggs. Not only will children love to hunt and find them, but they’re healthier than candy.
- Reward your children. Use one surprise at a time as an incentive to get good grades, do homework, exercise, or other positive behaviors.
- Have a party. The Big Surprise is a great centerpiece for an L.O.L. Surprise! party, where guests can open up, swap and enjoy their surprises together. Any time of year is good for a party.
What we like about LOL Surprise dolls!
L.O.L. Surprise! dolls are super cute, collectable and part of a constantly expanding doll universe.
- They include many surprises inside.
- Great if you’re shopping for 2-3 kids so you can split the surprises evenly.
- They provide a complete experience if you use the pumps.
- Includes limited edition accessories and dolls.
They reflect the same trends as today’s toys, such as surprise eggs, while remembering the mothers of the dolls they grew up with and loved.
Where to buy LOL Dolls?
In our exclusive section, by clicking on the button below, you can find the best offers we have selected from Amazon.